- Imitation Leather: 1728 pages
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson; Lea edition (May 3 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0718076893
- ISBN-13: 978-0718076894
The Chronological Study Bible presents the text of the New King James Version in chronological order - the order in which the events actually happened - with notes, articles, and full-color graphics that connect the reader to the history and culture of Bible times. It is the only NKJV study Bible arranged in chronological order.
- The entire NKJV text with translators’ notes, arranged in chronological order, provides absorbing and effective Bible study
- Full-color illustrations of places, artifacts, and cultural phenomena give the reader a dramatic, “you are there” experience
- Fascinating articles connect the Bible text to world history and culture
- Daily Life Notes explain how people lived in Bible times
- Time Panels and Charts show the flow of Bible history
- In-text and full-page color maps of the biblical world assist study
Part of the Signature Series line of Thomas Nelson Bibles
Chronological Study Bibles sold to date: More than 400,000
The New King James Version® - More than 60 million copies sold
The NKJV, The Chronological Study Bible from Thomas Nelson is simply a brilliant work of art. The volume that I am reviewing is bound in imitation brown and navy blue leather. It also comes in a sturdy presentation box. The pages are gold lined. It is illustrated with gorgeous drawings and maps. Every page is stunning and impressive.
I didn't know if I would like a bible that has its verses and books and in a different order than normal but I actually found it refreshing and was delighted to have a new point of view of events. The bible is divided into the nine epochs of the bible which each has an introduction:
Epoch 1: Creation- 2000 B.C.;
Epoch 2: 2000-1500 B.C.;
Epoch 3: 1500-1200 B.C.;
Epoch 4: 1200-930 B.C.;
Epoch 5: 930-586 B.C.;
Epoch 6: 586-332 B.C.;
Epoch 7: 332-37 B.C.;
Epoch 8: 37 B.C.- A.D. 30;
Epoch 9: A.D. 30-100
The NKJV, The Chronological Study Bible has an abundance of features including daily life notes about how people lived in bible times, transition comments that prepare you for what is following as well as time panels and charts that show the flow of bible history. There are reading plans, a topical index and glossary and many colour maps. I loved the historical overviews.
The NKJV, The Chronological Study Bible has sturdy pages that has an easy to read font. I have trouble reading the words in some bibles but that is definitely not the case here.
I highly recommend the beautiful and inspirational NKJV Chronological Study Bible. It would be a great gift as well as a personal bible for yourself.