- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 163849 KB
- Print Length: 2912 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Zondervan; Lea Spl edition (Aug. 25 2015)
- Sold by: Zondervan CA (CA SOR)
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00VPSWIGA
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible, featuring Dr. D.A. Carson as general editor, is built on the truth of Scripture and centered on the gospel message. D.A. Carson is research professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. He is a founding member of the Gospel Coalition.
BUILT ON THE TRUTH OF SCRIPTURE AND CENTERED ON THE GOSPEL MESSAGE
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible, featuring Dr. D.A. Carson as general editor, is built on the truth of Scripture and centered on the gospel message. An ambitious and comprehensive undertaking, Dr. Carson, with committee members Dr. T. Desmond Alexander, Dr. Richard S. Hess, Dr. Douglas J. Moo, and Dr. Andrew David Naselli, along with a team of over 60 contributors from a wide range of evangelical denominations and perspectives, crafted all-new study notes and other study tools to present a biblical theology of God's special revelation in the Scriptures. To further aid the readers' understanding of the Bible, also included are full-color maps, charts, photos and diagrams. In addition, a single-column setting of the Bible text provides maximum readability.
The accessible and fresh interior design will capture your attention and enhance your study experience. Along with your purchase, you'll also receive free electronic access to the NIV Zondervan Study Bible.
- Over 60 scholarly contributors
- Over 1.2 million words of new content
- Over 3,000 pages packed with in-depth study tools
- Nearly 20,000 all-new, comprehensive verse-by-verse study notes
- Customized, theologically rich, illustrated book introductions
- 6 section introductions to literary genres ("The Pentateuch," "The Historical Books," etc.)
- Full-color interior with extensive use of over 60 colorful charts, over 90 maps, and hundreds of photos
- Comprehensive library of over 30 articles by award-winning scholars on topics such as "The Bible and Theology," "The Glory of God," "Covenant," "Love and Grace," and more
- Cross-reference system
- Complete text of the New International Version
- Concordance with over 35,000 Scripture references
- Free electronic access to the study Bible
Free electronic access to the study Bible
About the Editor
D. A. Carson (Ph.D., University of Cambridge) is research professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. He is the author or coauthor of over 45 books, including the Gold Medallion Award-winning book The Gagging of God and An Introduction to the New Testament, and is general editor of Telling the Truth: Evangelizing Postmoderns and Worship by the Book. He has served as a pastor and is an active guest lecturer in church and academic settings around the world.
I must confess that I have quite a few study bibles. My latest is the NIV Zondervan Study Bible: Built on the Truth of Scripture and Centered on the Gospel Message. It is a great resource for home study because it is big! And heavy! There are 2,880 pages. It is substantial. I can turn the pages without worrying about tearing them. I can read the print...and I'm not young! There is lots of color to add interest. And best of all...it came with free access to the digital edition so I can access it remotely.
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible has a great layout. For example, the New Testament begins with an introduction to the New Testament which is followed by an introduction to The Gospels and Acts. Then there is an introduction to the Book of Matthew. There are beautiful illustrations, maps charts and graphs throughout. At the end of the Book of Revelation there are articles by biblical scholars such as Timothy Keller who is one of my favorite biblical writers.
If you only want to have one study bible then this would be definitely one to consider. It is filled with a wealth of information for increasing your understanding of the bible. It is available for purchase beginning August 25th.