Sunday, February 6, 2011

Review: Beat This! Cookbook







  •  Author:  Ann Hodgman
  • Paperback: 256 pages
  • Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; Revised edition (Mar 9 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0547437005
  • ISBN-13: 978-0547437002
From Net Galley:
 
Do you think you have the absolute best recipe for apple pie? Maybe your neighbor claims to make the best meatloaf around. Did your Italian grandmother serve the best spaghetti sauce this side of the Atlantic? Well, unless you or that neighbor or your grandmother is Ann Hodgman, you're wrong!
 
The book that the editor in chief of Vanity Fair called "the funniest, most engaging book about food I've ever come across" has now been revised and updated: more than half the recipes are completely new, and many of the originals have been "oomphed up" to make them even more shamelessly delicious.

Beat This! Cookbook contains more than a hundred all-time favorites, from Burnt Sugar Ice Cream and White Chocolate Raspberry Pie to Chili-Cheese Casserole and Onion Rings. Each one is guaranteed to make people take a bite, stagger with joy, and beg you for the recipe.

My Review:

I am reviewing the Advanced Uncorrected Proof online galley from Net Galley.

I am quite thrilled to have discovered this cookbook. Not only is it filled with practical and delicious sounding recipes, it is filled with humour as well!!  Strawberry Gelato...they know the way to my heart! I learned how to say strawberry in three languages in Europe so I could order strawberry gelato everywhere we went.  And Buttercrunch...I had never even thought of making my own buttercrunch...think I'll make some for my husband for Valentine's Day. This book is a keeper. Definitely going to preorder a copy from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment